Thursday, July 26, 2012

“He thanked her and left the house in the mood of a shipwrecked man who has allowed the rescue ship to pass him by.”

Driftwood curtain rod - I know, its a bit small!

Finally healed orchids.

Newssssss, nothing much. I'm boring and reading Chicken Soup for the Soul - HA! I read Coraline in one night, it was decent. It was very fast paced and there was no Wybee (or however they spell his name in the movie-Wyborn.) I did see that Tim Burton was putting out another movie soon called Paranorman. ParaNORMAN? Are you kidding me? That'll be entertaining... lol.

We are ALMOST finished moving, well, we have everything moved, but not cleaned up across the street. I am not really looking forward to that. Its hard to get stuff done when Garrett works as much as he does. When he works, he doesn't get to come home for days, so its all up to me. He does have this weekend off and I am glad that we FINALLY don't have some kind of obligation to do, relaxation!

I am going to try to paint with oils soon. I have to find an art store that sells both canvases and oil paints and the brushes that I need. I think people underestimate when I tell them how far things are from us here. I have put almost 10k miles on my car since February (I have had to go to Portland a few times, to Seattle once and Eugene a bunch of times because that is where almost ALL of my doctors are located). When I say I have to "go to Walmart", for those back home, it would be equal to the distance of driving to Mandeville from New Orleans. Its not close, and that IS the closest store like that, haha. Its rough. Anyway, I went to Walmart today because I needed diapers because Leg-o-lamb, my husband, didn't tell me we were almost out the night before... yay for me! So, I'm going to go ahead and get new eyeliner, mine's out, and new mascara, because mine is old or something and makes my eyes wanna itch out of my head. I get home and no eyeliner. Damnnnnit! How inconvenient! If Spencer would stop taking stuff OUT of the basket and putting it on random shelves, I wouldn't keep having to go to Walmart! Haha. Geez. So, now I'm eyeliner-less and Walmart is just to dang far away to go to before the 1st, because I refuse.

I also feel like I vacuum alot.

I'm starting Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger. She wrote The Time Traveler's Wife.

“I’m curious about things that people aren’t supposed to see—so, for example, I liked going to the British Museum, but I would like it better if I could go into all the offices and storage rooms, I want to look in all the drawers and—discover stuff. And I want to know about people. I mean, I know it’s probably kind of rude but I want to know why you have all these boxes and what’s in them and why all your windows are papered over and how long it’s been that way and how do you feel when you wash things and why don’t you do something about it?”



No comments:

Post a Comment