Monday, July 16, 2012

“In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been wisely regarded as a bad move.”

Spencer turns 2!

So, I've been neglectful recently, it seems.  I've been busy and it is a rare occasion that I actually get ON a computer. Weird, I know.  Darn cell phones making me a bad blogger. Since my last actual entry, Spencer turned two, my dad and brother came in to Oregon from Mississippi for a week and Garrett's sister and BIL came into Seattle/Portland from Nashville. But, first things first - Spencer's 2nd Birthday.

My, my myyyy how has two years gone by already?! It truly feels like just yesterday I was in the hospital with a little 8 and 1/2lb baby boy. Time can just pass you by without even feeling like it. The day before Spencer's birthday my dad and youngest brother, Alex, flew into Portland. I went to get them. My dad left his wallet in MS and his luggage was lost... in Atlanta.. lol. Flying doesn't go well for us Orsi's... at least the immediate ones.


Happy Birthday Boy!
 We went to Smith River Falls, a small 8ft waterfall about 20 miles from Reedsport, OR. My dad, Alex and Garrett did the Lighthouse Tour and we wanted to see Heceta Head on the way back to Portland, but it was raining and it seemed the lighthouse was under construction anyway. Hopefully next time they visit we can all go to Crater Lake.

Smith River Falls 2012

My how time flies. <3
 We also went bowling one night. Spencer LOVED it. We got the rack to place the ball on so he could push it down.... he beat us most of the time, ha!

Spencer bowling for the first time with P-pop. He LOVED it!

 Now, the next photos ended up out of order, but you get the idea, I hope. Two weeks later Britny and David came into down from TN. They were visiting Seattle and Portland and we met them in Portland. We stayed in a wonderful little (well, not so little) condo near Historic Hawthorne Blvd. I love that part of Portland, though we haven't ventured TOO, too far into it. We went to the International Rose Test Gardens the first night. I took SO many pictures of flowers, but considering there were 4 ACRES of roses, 132 photos is holding back lol. There were SO many and they were all different, cross breed roses. They were HUGE too. Some 8in, at least, across.



This was called the "Marilyn Monroe"

Britny and David


Mr. and Mrs. Awkward.
 The next day we went to see the Columbia River Gorge and Multnomah Falls. Beautiful. Waterfalls are so amazing. I couldn't really get a good picture of Multnomah Falls because my camera couldn't zoom out enough and I couldn't get far enough away because it was so tall. The top tier being over 600ft and the second tier at least 100ft. Its the tallest waterfall in Oregon. We hope to see Latourel Falls and hike up to the top of Multnomah Falls sometime before we move... whenever that is.

Bridal Veil Falls

On top of the Vista House overlooking the Columbia River Gorge.



Spencer and Uncle David throwing rocks by Bridal Veil Falls.

Multnomah Falls.

Multnomah Falls.

 On Wednesday Spencer has his speech therapy evaluation.. hopefully they can tell us what we need to be doing to help him speak. He only says things he is interested in, and even those words, for the most part, strangers wouldn't be able to understand. Fingers crossed!

I had my HSG done on June 29th... still haven't heard anything back even though I should have by that following Thursday. The radiologist said it all looked great, but I still don't have the official verdict after she, her supervisor and the obgyn looked at the results. I guess I could call, ha.

I go back to my psychiatrist on Thursday in Eugene. I don't notice a big difference with the Zoloft though the Ambien helps me sleep... it also helps me make Amazon purchases of books I've had hanging out in my cart for weeks, lol. I'm kind of worried the doctor will up my dosage to 100mg of Zoloft, I'm on 50mg now. I also have to take an additional 1200mcg of Folic Acid, or 2mg total with the 800mcg of Folic Acid in my prenatals. I don't want to take additional Folic Acid if we aren't actively trying for another, because TOO much of it isn't great for you. We still haven't totally decided what we are going to do about the baby thing at this point. A waiting game, but I know I want to wait a little bit, though I think Garrett would be okay to try again whenever. Then I worry about all the problems I've had, the sleeping meds I pretty much NEED to take to sleep when Garrett isn't home and the Zoloft, plus possibly having to up the dosage of it. I feel like I have the cards stacked against me WITHOUT having two types of meds I wasn't having to take BEFORE it all happened added to it, ya know? Worry, worry, worry.

Anyway, we are finally moving on Wednesday... finally finally. I am excited. They replaced all the carpet. It isn't the best carpet, but hey, its new and it looks pretty stain resistant lol. Its going to be a busy week!



No comments:

Post a Comment