Saturday, July 7, 2012

the flowers

There are flowers in my garden, flowers in my yard, flowers in my kitchen. I tend to the indoor plants and I photograph the outdoor ones. They are weeds, people want us to cut them out and get rid of them, but they make me happy and I want them to stay. Grow over the whole walkway for all I care, happy little orange flowers. Wind all around my hose and spigot white lilly-like flowers. I'll leave them alone. They wake with us, and when the sun goes down, they close, open again every morning. No matter how many times they're mowed down, they spring right back up. So leave my "weeds", I love them and they make me happy just the way they are and exactly where they are. "A weed is but an unloved flower." :)

1 comment:

  1. You could turn that into poetry, you know? :)

    ReplyDelete