Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Loon-ie Lake

May 28, 2012
The sunsets here are just gorgeous. No matter how many pictures I take of them, the colors just aren't there like they are when you see them in person. These are my Angel's sunsets.
May 28, 2012

-----------------------------------------
May, 29, 2012
 In my little ready-made garden.
 I've been practicing my photography. Its really nothing special at this point. I really need a macro lens to do what I really want to with it. I'm learning, learning learning.
May 29, 2012
 My Mother's Day orchids from Garrett.
May 10, 2012, and they're still blooming. 17 flowers in all, none have died yet.
We went to Loon Lake, a lake/state park recreation area near our house. Everyone says its always 15 degrees warmer there, and even if it is raining in Winchester Bay, it will be sunny there. It was! So warm! 70 degrees! We have become so used to 45 degrees, we were hot!

May 29, 2012
 He doesn't like my kisses, or taking pictures with me. This is why they are few and far between.
May 29, 2012
 We had a wet butt after this one!
May 29, 2012
 Daddy took this one (obviously)... another failed attempt at pictures with his mother, ha.
May 29, 2012
 Daddy and son. Yes, this is what Oregon looks like -- all over. On a sunny day in Spring.
May 29, 2012
There are VERY few pictures of Garrett and me. We have been married for 1 year and 2 months now. Somehow we always manage to wear the same color shirts. Its really stupid. In my defense, I was dressed first this day. :) <3

May 29, 2012
 This was the day before, just a few random shots I took in the backyard.
May 28, 2012
Now, onto today. This is my new rug that I got (in the mail!) today. It was leaning up against the side of the house when UPS dropped it off. You should have seen me dragging this 10ft long rolled up rug into my house fighting a regular door, a screen door and a two year old. I'm sure it was entertaining to the neighbors.

May 30, 2012

May 29, 2012. Mama and sweet, yet uncooperative, son.
May 30, 2012. Children's imagination. Just what I would have done as a kid. rugs make great cities.
Alas, a decent one! May 29, 2012.

This is just mainly a picture post. We are still waiting to move across the street, its been almost two weeks since we were supposed to have moved. Its been pretty here the past few days, not as much rain and much more sun.

Spencer has been a holy terror on two feet this week. Everything we do sets him into a downward spiral of tears, screaming, crying and hitting/punching things or throwing. Yay. Sometimes he is so sweet, and then Mr. Hyde appears. Its scary! I hope this is a short phase!

He will be two in a few weeks. Hard to believe the time went that fast. Our friend Rachael and her husband Sean just welcomed a baby boy into the world today, Sheldon Daniel. His gender was a surprise! Her oldest son, Kale, is three weeks older than Spencer and will be two on Saturday. Our English friends, Laurel and Dom are due for baby #2 (mark my words, GIRL!) in November. Their oldest daughter, Maisie, is three weeks or so younger than Spencer. They are to marry one day. :) We have decided that when and if we have another baby, we will NOT be finding out the baby's gender. Sorry, y'all. Ha. Its been decided! We just want a baby at this point and do not care which version we get. :)

On another note, Laurel says odd things and we are having a serious problem with communication at the moment. Who knew "going to have a butcher" meant "going to take a look"? Well, not me! Hahah. Silly Englishy-folk! <3 One day we will get over that way to meet them!

On to newer news, possible news. Garrett may be changing his rate. He is currently on the A School list for MST (Marine Science Technician <-- I have the HARDEST time spelling that word.) but the wait list to go is running at almost three and a half years. We don't want to wait that long to leave Oregon. He is thinking about changing his A School to AET (Avionics Electrical Technician), the wait list for that is 18+ months. The one catch is that the school is 5 months long as opposed to MST's being 8 weeks long. The Coast Guard would not pay to move Spencer and I to Elizabeth City, NC (where the school is), so we would have to save to be able to move with him when the time comes. I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment