Thursday, May 3, 2012

Twenty-two Months + One Week.

How can that be? Wasn't I just in the hospital with my tiny newborn son? Wasn't he just learning to crawl and to walk? Now he's almost two. Maybe I never realized how quickly time passed before I had a child of my own. Maybe it was slower. The way I see it, having a child really puts a gauge on how much time as passed since the one most important day of your life. The one day that changed how you viewed the whole world forever. They're like our own little hourglass with sand and the time just goes in the blink of an eye. My sweet baby boy. :) What I wouldn't give if I could give you the world. So precious (and a pain in the butt!). I wanted to take time.to write about all the things youve been doing recently. You say mama, daddy, baby, bobo, poopoo, ewwww, uh oh, car (that's your favorite - when all else fails, car is the old faithful.), hair, eyes, nose, mouth, bubble, cheese, milk, elmo, nemo etc. You can point to your eyes, nose, mouth, hair, ears, tummy, butt (lol), feet, hands and your whole head. You love Elmo and Nemo, we have to watch Finding Nemo at least once a day. You love your cars and car tracks. Today you shared two of your wooden cars with me and we took turns putting them on the ramp. You wanted me to teach you to dribble the basketball and you tried really hard. You're a very good sharer. We attempted puzzles again. Instead of throwing them about, you tried to put them in their places and sometimes they didn't go on as quickly as you'd like and you'd get mad, furrow your eyebrows and growl lol. Then you'd hand the pieces to me for help. You still don't eat much. Chicken nuggets, fries, eggs, cereal bars, cheese - only string cheese, mini pancakes, saddles and pretzels seem to be the staple of your diet. Branch out, man! Lol. I'm sorry we don't have much to do here in Oregon, with all the cold and rain but once it warms up, I promise we will be outside more. We won't live here forever. You have the sweetest personality. But you're very opinionated. If something doesn't go your way, you drop to the ground and lay flat and cry, its amusing. You give us hugs and kisses. You love to hug me when we are grocery shopping. You hang onto my neck and say, "Mmmm-M!" Like kids do when they give big hugs. I'll miss those times. You like to do things on your own, don't like help and youre very smart. You don't say much, but you understand and you know what we are saying. I don't want you to ever grow up. You're my special miracle and not a day goes by that I don't know how lucky and blessed I am that you're here, safe, healthy and smart. Despite the hardships we've had recently, ill always count you as my biggest blessing of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment